10/30/15

Tomorrow I embark on a trip that a buddy and I planned ironically months before my wife and I decided to move here. As many may know, there are 5 National Parks in Utah, and many more that are located within a 6 hour drive from where we live in Salt Lake City.

Due to work and life, I haven't been able to get out much at all since we moved here in August. Other than shooting my cousins' wedding earlier this month, I hadn't been out on a trip since July at Mt. Rainier.

So tomorrow is finally the day I get to explore. I have never been to Zion, and secured permits to the Subway - although the weather might interfere with these said plans. A storm is once again moving in through southern Utah, and with it snow might fall, although at the higher elevations. But still; snow!

I finally get to use a bunch of new gear! My Marmot Force 2P tent, my Exped sleeping pad, my Mountain Hardwear Hyper Lamino 0 degree bag (bought it last winter - never used), a Goal Zero Yeti and a Garmin Rino 655t all will get put to the test! When I get back, i will disclose how they performed.

Also get to use my Nikon F65 I bought for my last trip down south, but was too rushed to really use it. Not this time. I have 2 rolls of my very cherished and discontinued Fuji Reala RVP 100 film to use.

In December I am heading back to REI headquarters to sell my 2016 calendars, greeting cards and prints; which I am excited for that. I partook in that last year and it was really fun, and I know what to expect (for the most part) this year.

Until sometime in November, here is an image I processed recently, which I took in May of this year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment