10/23/11




I have been to Tokatee about 6 times (two of which the trail was closed due to severe winter storms) and Koosah a few times more. While the view points are nice, I really never paid much attention of the surrounding landscapes to get down to the bottom. It probably was a combo of time constraints and the weather.

This time was indeed different. Tokatee was actually MUCH easier than I thought. While the standard (and really unless you are crazy like me, there is like 2 different shots you can get) view is nice, I like to get unique shots. I spent about 30 minutes down here, while my buddy lolly-gagged down here for maybe 30 minutes longer than I. I am terrified of heights, and the standard view is like 250 feet up. You can see the "standard" view and the view down below.

Koosah was not on my top 30 falls. Now after reaching the base, it is in my top 10! It is THAT much different from below. It is so stupid easy to get down to the base, that I feel dumb I never even tried to look to get to the base before. Yes the water is actually this color. It is spring fed from a glacier not to far upstream from here. The water is cold, however.

I think I am going to get these printed in metallic for my show this Thursday. Not printed big, but maybe 8x10 or 8x12...

0 comments:

Post a Comment