11/16/11


Several months ago, I was doing some research on what type of weather we were going to get this year. I was unsure if we were going to get a repeat of last years' weather (lots of rain and some snow), or if it was going to be milder. Well, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) outlook, we are going to be A LOT more wet and colder than normal, thanks to La Nina. What that means is that the Pacific Northwest will get much more precipitation (with colder temperatures) from November - March, and the mid-west will be a bit warmer and have drought like conditions, thanks in part to the Rockies (and Cascades).

So yesterday I hear on the weather station that we are going to be getting 4 inches of rain today, and then the Arctic Air will be moving in on Friday; significantly dropping the snow levels. 1,000 foot snow levels (possibly lower) are expected Friday - Sunday. The Columbia River Gorge has many mountains that are 3500+, and it receives on average 84+ inches of rain. Portland receives about half that. I am stoked for this weekend, as the waterfalls (if the weather holds up) will be kinda crazy!

About that new website. Well, it is a website that is new to me, and I believe relatively new. A buddy of mine sent me a link to this website. I really like it, and have uploaded several photos. It is a bummer that I have to go back and resize the images I want to upload to that site - so I only have like 3 or 4 photos posted there. The photo I posted in this blog entry, I hadn't posted here before. It is of Lower Lewis River Falls, and I may be back there this weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment