11/28/11



Paul and I headed out to The Gorge yesterday to attempt to get to Weeping Walls (also has been called Enchanted Gorge). We have had a lot of rain in the last week or so, and the waterfalls have come back to life. Everything is roaring.

We bushwhacked to this spot. The creek was simply to high and powerful to cross. The water did some crazy rearranging of logs and trees here. I am talking 50 foot logs that were laying across the creek (probably for years) are now gone! No sign of them. I was here two weeks ago, and noticed many differences. There is a tree that is maybe 40 feet tall that was uprooted and just chilling on the river bank, next to where I was shooting.

There was also a log that had been lodged up in Punchbowl Falls for 12 years that was dislodged in late 2009 that had been floating in the splash pool just below Punchbowl. Well it had worked its' way to the foreground of Punchbowl. After these rains, it is now gone! I believe it is now lodged onto of these falls! That means it went down Lower Punchbowl Falls AND Metlako Falls. That is a good 230 feet HIGHER and two waterfalls upstream from this spot! Really crazy how powerful water is!

I have to head off to work, but will post more when I get home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment