11/19/11


As promised (and advertised :) ), yesterday I made it up to the snow. A couple of friends and I headed up to The Gifford Pinchot National Forest. That forest is amazing! It is much more rugged than the Columbia River Gorges' forests, yet it is not far from there. The waterfalls are also just as impressive!

Our destination this day was The Lower Lewis Recreational Area. Once we got outside of Carson, WA, we hit snow. It was a few inches, and by the time we hit Curley Creek Road, we had to wait for the plow to plow the road, as there was probably 18 inches+ of snow. We thought about chaining up, but I am glad we didn't as the plow ended up going that way anyways.

When we got here, it was still snowing, and snowed the whole time we were here. I was in the water for 2+hours, and I have no waders or anything. My hiking shoes are made for water - meaning that they are designed to get wet and not get ruined, but my feet get wet. My feet were stinging the rest of the day.

As for the photos, I am not crazy about what I got yesterday - but that may change over the next few days/weeks. The colors were very monotone, as it was snowing and windy the whole time, muting the colors. Here is one photo that I have worked. I think it captures the mood quite well, however.

I should have some more to post in the next day or so.

0 comments:

Post a Comment