12/12/11



It really is interesting how sometimes I get the inspiration to go back through to certain photos, and process ones I hadn't touched previously. I believe I have posted several from Mt. Rainier in this very blog, and I know I have at several websites (500px, flickr, etc). However, I hadn't posted these two in particular.

Anyways, I got the new Roots album - which I have been a fan of their work for years and years. The last two albums, they have really stepped up their work! The new album, "Undun", is so amazing. I was listening to this, and the two songs that really stand out to me are "Make My" and "Lighthouse". So while listening to this, I started to go through my Aperture libraries to see if there was something I could find. For some reason, these songs made me grab for the Rainier library.

My post processing skills are not the best - but I feel they are getting better. I figure that if I can put in all the dedication I do for when I am taking the photos, why not put in the time to learn a bit about the various post processing methods and apply them. I was never truly happy with any of the previous Rainier shots I processed. I spent some time with these photos, and I am pretty happy with the results. When I got up this morning, I found out that one of them is being used for the top 15 photos over at PhotoExtract, which is always cool when people like your work. It is my second time being chosen on that website. I have been chosen twice as well over at todaysphoto.

For Christmas, I am hoping I can get a website going and a monitor (or maybe a few lenses - an Olympus OM 28mm 3.5 and a 50mm of some sort perhaps..). I will keep this blog posted with updates!

0 comments:

Post a Comment