12/4/11



Sorry I have been off the grid lately. Between lack of sleep and work, been tough to process new stuff - or even get new images to process.

This weekend I headed out to Outlet Falls and then Multnomah Falls to meet up with some other photographers I hadn't met before. It has been pretty frigid in the PNW the last week or so, and the week before that it was really wet for about a week. Crazy weather. I have heard reports of maybe snow this next weekend, but who knows.

Outlet Falls is located in Washington, in the shadow of Mt. Adams. This falls, while in many waterfall guides, is not marked in any shape or form from the road. After a bit of scouting, we found it. The view from the top is not very good. It looks lifeless and the water color is like a brownish. I wasn't expecting much. Views from atop are deceiving, to say the least.

Many of the rocks were frozen, and icicles were everywhere. The "creek" was deceptively deep in many parts, so it made for an interesting trek. Not only did I have to watch for the water level/depth, I had to watch for ice on the rocks when crossing.

I think this falls is way better in the fall, or even in early spring, but that is to be determined in several months when I get back here.

The other shot is from Multnomah Falls. Nothing really revolutionary. I like how the fog concealed the top part of the falls, and then as it dropped, the falls came into view. I will hope to post more stuff tonight or tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment