1/11/12

Posted by dustin gent |
Just trying out new things in photoshop. Getting out of my comfort zone, so to speak. They always say the ones that succeed, do so out of their comfort zone - but I think they talk about pro athletes or something, lol. In any case, it is a good way to learn. You never know what you will learn.

So this is a two shot blend. I very rarely blend, and had NEVER even bracketed exposures before in my camera, or even used exposure compensation. I did on this day and it actually is not a bad idea to do this, although i manually "bracket" my shots.

Another thing I learned is that sometimes a photo that i think is too dark to use to blend, is in fact perfect! The sky in this shot I though would look un-natural with the foreground, but it looks pretty good I think. It is by no means perfect and seamless, but it is a good start! This is opening up possibilities with older photos that I have kept around, so when I learned how to utilize blending, I would go back to those photos.


0 comments:

Post a Comment