1/8/12

Last week, my buddy Paul contacted me, wanting to know if I wanted to go shoot at Tom Dick and Harry mountain near Mt. Hood. Unfortunately I had to work on Friday morning, but he also said he would be down for a coastal shoot. My buddy Scott just got back from the east coast and wanted to go shoot somewhere, so I told him our plans. He said Jeremy wanted to go as well, so we all met up in Newport at the Rogue Brewery Friday night.

Saturday AM, we shot Thors' Well for sunrise which didn't have the best lighting ever, but did have  a good mood. The tide was high and it was not raining or windy! After shooting that and eating breakfast at kind of a shady spot in Yachats, everyone was a bit tired. So after nap time at the Yurit we had at the campground, we headed north towards Newport.

After a stop a Starbucks to refuel, we hit up a spot made famous by Marc Adamus, affectionally known as "The Caldron". Paul has been here before with Marc, and I had been here as well previously with Paul. The other two hadn't been here, and people are tight lipped about the location/directions to this place. One of the reasons is that the easiest way to get here lays on private property, and also I am sure they don't want it to become wicked popular - which I understand.

The tide was not the most ideal to get the caldron effect, but the lighting was pretty good. I had to blend two shots for the caldron shot, as I have no filters. I will be posting some other shots in the next few days, when I get time to decide which ones I want to try to work. In two weeks, we will be heading to Olympic National Park - so I hope I can get some good lighting!


0 comments:

Post a Comment