1/16/12

The image was taken on the same trip as my last entry I posted. I just worked this one. This is a two image blend, and then worked in Silver Effects Pro. This is kind of a bitter sweet image. I was informed that this area (the access to it) is now officially off limits.

In order to access this public beach (area), one has to cross over onto private property. Now I have been here before, and the only no trespassing signs were posted on a "trail" from this area to the house that sits about 30 yards behind this spot. Well, the old lady that owns this house moved these signs from "her" trail onto the last 20 yards of the "trail" used to get her. There are no other "No Trespassing" signs. The Oregon Beach Bill of 1967 states that it is illegal to to own beach front property, and has to allow for access. I have no idea what really is private property, and what is state owned land.

There is another way to get into this area, but it involves using rope and scaling some cliffs (not all that high), and perhaps some swimming, as low tide is not the best conditions at this place. I will be trying that route, but not in the immediate future. This area is spectacular, in the correct conditions.

Anyways, I wish I had known it was going to be my last trip here for a while; I would have tried more comps - but still happy with what I got. I am heading to Olympic National Park here in the next few days, so pretty stoked about that. Ironically, we have to cross private land to get to some beaches, but the Indians have allowed for public access via fees. If this homeowner would do the same, I would gladly pay $5 to get to this spot, even though maybe 5% of the whole "hike" in is on private land.

0 comments:

Post a Comment