2/22/12

Posted by dustin gent | File under : , , ,
Growing up, I spent a lot of time in Flagstaff, Arizona. That is where I first started to have an appreciation for photography. I have always enjoyed history and geology, and in another life I would be a geologist (or a pro photographer!). The vastness of Arizona (the whole Southwest in general) has a spell on me.

On this trip, that feeling came back to me. Eastern Oregon really is a special place, that not many people get to experience. Something about standing most anywhere and seeing the same thing Native Americans or settlers did is pretty amazing. Time seems to stand still out here.

There are many secrets out here. Google searching will not help. It seems the locals really enjoy sharing the spots of interest, especially with photographers. I hope that anyone reading this, either who currently resides in Oregon or plans on visiting Oregon, does visit this area. It is quite a drive from Portland (8 hours), but is not too bad if starting out from Bend, Oregon (160 miles maybe?). The Steens are special, to say the least.

Hopefully this summer I can head back out. It WILL NOT be another 32 years before I get back out here. I am hoping once a year. If I am lucky enough to start selling my work, I will visit this place seasonally!


0 comments:

Post a Comment